The Spiritual Battle of Weight Loss

There was a day when I KNEW something was wrong in my son's world. He came home on leave and everything about him communicated extreme pressure, but when I asked him what was going on, he wouldn't talk about it.  Everyone in my family told me I was imagining it while I wondered how they could be so blind! So when he left, I fasted and prayed. It turned out I was right and those prayers were much needed. And now that the crisis is over, I find myself 70 lbs lighter and wondering how that happened.

God is so amazing. Fasting would be impossible for weight loss, but put God first and seek Him with everything you've got, and He answers, just like the Scriptures say:
"And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.  I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity"

I learned a lot in that time and my walk with God became extreme. Jentezen Franklyn taught me about fasting and how offensive it is to God when we focus on food instead of Him. I never realized how I was using food as a crutch when God was there the whole time inviting me to lean on HIM and even now, I find myself reaching in wrong places after a stressful day, or in attempts to alleviate my concerns...and God is there the whole time with open arms, calling. Why do I ever turn anywhere else?

More and more I am realizing that life is about choice. Do we choose Him? All of us have constant streams of concern of some sort, and the enemy seems to wait for us to be vulnerable to tempt us. How many times have I felt strong in my walk only to hear that little voice of temptation....resisted...but then it returns and chip chip chips away at my resolve.


Anyone else out there struggle with these issues? One resource I have found that helps is a little known audio by Bill Foote that I think is powerful and blessed. "Putting on the Armor of God" In it he describes something SO KEY...and that's to recognize that I AM in a battle, an extremely serious battle, I will always lose if I don't realize how extremely intense this battle is.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/foote_bill/armor/Putting_on_the_Armor_of_God.cfm


Please pray for me and let me know, I will pray for you too. God bless




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it G rated, thanks